blogging the journey from single girl to married woman.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

what i hate about wedding planning #42

I get so annoyed when I email a vendor regarding their price list and they tell me to *make an appointment* to discuss their packages. I mean, if I made an appointment to see every vendor I liked, the wedding would never be planned. Emailing them (and the dozen other vendors in their field) is my way of weeding out the ones who aren't in my budget. I just want to know if they are in my price range. If they are, great. I'll set up a consultation with the fiance and we'll be ready to hear more. If they aren't, then at least I know and I don't waste an hour of my life explaining what we want just so they can give us their outrageous prices.

As you can see, I've grown a little wary of vendors who won't give their prices either through email or over the phone. I know some of them claim it's because they don't want their competitors to see their prices. Others justify it by saying each package is custom designed.

Blah, blah, blah. Honestly, I think these a lot of these vendors are fully aware of how much they cost and they believe they'll have an easier chance of booking you if you are talking with them face to face. I don't like that. It reminds me of shady car salesmen who use one-on-one meetings to assess how much of a sucker you are.

So ladies, take my advice. If a vendor isn't willing to provide you with costs on your intial request, they're probably not worth the visit.

No comments: