blogging the journey from single girl to married woman.

Saturday, September 5, 2009

sister of the bride

Just a quick announcement that my sister and Maid of Honor, Lyndsey, got engaged tonight! It was such a great night and her fiance really surprised her!

She and he had come up to visit me and Gianfranco for some dinner and board games. After quite the long sushi dinner (waiting for a table took nearly an hour!), we came back to my apartment and began to play Cranium, Lyndsey's favorite game. Her fiance was dealt a "Creative Cat" card that required him to sculpt an item out of clay for her to guess. He molded the clay into the shape of an engagement ring and when she correctly guessed it, he then got down on his knee and pulled out a real one!


Once she finally said "yes!" we went to surprise Momzilla. You can only imagine her response when she saw the ring on my sister's finger! There were no words, just a loud scream. Then she ran upstairs and quickly found the shirt she had been dying to wear - a white tee-shirt that reads, "Mother of the Brides." How fitting.



So now I'm super excited! Not only am I planning my wedding to the love of my life, but I'm doing it alongside my best friend! Momzilla is ready to pass out with excitement and Dad, well, let's just say he'll have to start cutting back on some luxuries!

I'll keep you posted but in the meantime, I wish nothing but love and happiness to my sister and future brother-in-law!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is momzilla, I'm very, very, excited!! I love my new son in laws!!! Let the planning begin!

Anonymous said...

i am so excited!!!!! this is lyndsey :) thank you big sister, for making it that much more special. xoxoxox you too, momzilla!

info@papilliophotography.com said...

congrats! that was a cool proposal story
irene and david