blogging the journey from single girl to married woman.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

so if you like to party, get on and move your body!

We finally booked our limo this past weekend with Romantique Limos and I'm pleased to announce that Gianfranco thought the limo bus was fantastic. I don't think he realized the awesomeness of a 40-passenger party bus until he stepped aboard. With the five TV screens, three tables and one restroom, how could you NOT be amazed? I tried to post the images on Romantique's web site but I don't think it's very clear.



We also ended up booking a 1949 black Cadillac, whose picture I can't seem to steal from the website at all, to transport me and my father from my house to the church. At first I was planning on using the traditional white Rolls Royce but after some consideration, I decided to go black instead for three reasons.
  1. My sister is using the white one for her own wedding and I think it would be nice to have two different color cars.
  2. I think the whiteness of my dress will contrast beautifully with the blackness of the car.
  3. As a Classics lover, I think the black Caddy represents the "true" 50s look.
Now, I've already received a couple of criticisms, :ahem, Renee: about spending so much money on transportation. To you naysayers, I realize I'm spending a fortune on something I will only use for three hours of my life. I recognize that I'm being a hypocrite by refusing to spend money on nice clothes but shelling out thousands for such an insignificant item. I know it is just one day.

But that's it. It's just ONE day. How often am I ever going to ride in a black Cadillac? Or party on a huge limo bus with my favorite friends and family? Probably never again. So let me splurge on the one day of my life where I'm actually opening my wallet, will you?!

What do the rest of you think? Is the party bus a ridiculous waste or an awesome idea? Sound off!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nicole, I totally agree with you...and then again, you are a Martorana, one who loves to have fun! So go for it, it's your day, you call the shots! It will be a great time. Any room for the Schmeggles on it?