blogging the journey from single girl to married woman.

Monday, September 20, 2010

making up my mind (and face)

We are now down to t minus 4 months.  WTF.  My engagement has been so long that I kept thinking I had time to do so many things and now my time is almost up and I haven't finished accomplishing everything yet!

One Sprint item I recently checked off my list (yes, I'm still doing the sprints and they are working out really well for me!) was scheduling my makeup trial.  I met with and booked Gina Brozon, a really nice and friendly woman who did an awesome job with my makeup.  

However, after meeting with Gina, I began to wonder if having a trial does more bad than good!

On one hand, I am really glad I got to experiment a little before the wedding day.  I was pretty sure I wanted to go with a dark, smokey look like the ones below.  Looks like Kim Kardashian is my inspiration!




Gina totally achieved the look and even added some false eyelashes to give my wimpy ones a boost.  But after looking at it a couple of hours later, I decided I didn't want as many falsies as I thought.  Better to know now than on the wedding day!

On the other hand, however, getting my makeup done so professionally on a rainy Thursday night in September kinda freaked me out!  Wearing all that makeup on a regular day made me nervous that it was TOO much makeup.  Gina kept reminding me that it doesn't look like a lot when I'm wearing my big dress and my hair is formally done, but it still worried me that I won't look like myself.  

I know this is probably the same reaction every bride gives during the trial but I'm unsure as to how/if I should do my makeup differently on the big day.

Anyone have any suggestions, comments or experience?  I could really use some!

1 comment:

HiLLjO said...

If you're uncomfortable with the thickness of the makeup, it won't matter what you're wearing on your body or what your hair looks like! It's still ging to feel like too much for you. I say maybe go back and have her do a step down from what you tried and see if that's more comfortable or if you like the original better! I know how you feel, you want to look like you!