blogging the journey from single girl to married woman.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

panic! about the wedding

So I probably should work on the things I'm panicking about instead of blogging about the panic but expressing my thoughts seems to calm me down.

We are now down to W-3.5 months, which is about 15 weeks until the wedding.  And while I thought I was super prepared and crazy organized, I'm starting to realize that 15 weeks does not leave me much time to get everything I wanted done.

I know what you're thinking:

"Why, Ms. Nicole, you started your planning so early!  How could you STILL have things left to do?!"

Well, since you asked...
  • Finalize dinner menu
  • Print dinner menu
  • Assemble dinner menu
  • Finalize program
  • Print program
  • Assemble program
  • Book hairdresser
  • Book hotel shuttle
  • Make out of town bags
  • Wrap wedding favors
  • Reserve rehearsal
  • Reserve rehearsal dinner
  • Shop for wedding bands
  • Dress fittings
  • Choose wedding cake
  • Finish addressing envelopes
  • Finish assembling invitations
  • Mail invitations
  • Order guys' tuxes
  • Work on seating arrangements
  • Print placecards
I could probably go on but I really don't want to bore you.  The above list was more for my reference than for your interest :)
And maybe 15 weeks in normal time wouldn't be so bad.  But for the next 5 weeks, I am pretty busy at work. Not to mention, there are 3 major holidays within that time span.

So how do I calm myself down AND get everything done that I need to do?  Do all brides go through this, no matter how prepared they are?

No comments: