blogging the journey from single girl to married woman.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

you are cordially invited...

So I survived the craziness of work and was rewarded with the relief of FINALLY sending my invitations out!  After all the months of planning and designing and gluing and addressing, I sealed them up and brought them to the post office.

For all of you who are curious about my calligraphy, below is an example of how the envelopes look:



For someone who has never done calligraphy before in her life, I think I did a pretty good job of inking 150 addresses AND return addresses.  Go me!

And now here's a picture of the actual invitation, all made and assembled by yours truly.  As I've mentioned in earlier posts, I had the design printed by Cards and Pockets on pre-cut cardstock.  I then used a Martha Stewart snowflake hole punch on the invitation and then mounted it on "Sparkling Sapphire" panel cards.  I wrapped a silver belly band around the entire invitation and "sealed" it with a snowflake.  All of the items used to create the invitation were purchased by Cards and Pockets as well. I highly recommend them!


Here's

The most important characteristic about my invitations is that it matches all the other stationery I am creating for the wedding.  I didn't DIY the invitations because I thought it would save me money; it took me a lot of time and dedication to get these babies finished.  I made them myself because I wanted everything to fit together.

I can't believe the invitations are finally out!  What a relief! 

Now onto the RSVPS!

No comments: