blogging the journey from single girl to married woman.

Monday, January 10, 2011

snow stressed out

So this is it!!  My final week of being single!  For the last month, I've been in DIY Hell.  Between the placecards and programs and menus, wedding planning has become my second shift of work.

Now I knew when I planned a January wedding that the weather would need to be closely watched.  And while my wedding day is looking pretty clear, my rehearsal dinner is not faring as well.

According to Accuweather, my area is potentially receiving 6 to 10 inches of snow from Tuesday night into Wednesday afternoon.  With my rehearsal dinner starting at 7pm on Wednesday, I've decided to change the date to Thursday instead.



As if this week wasn't going to be stressful enough!  Don't get me wrong - I am very grateful that my wedding day will not have snow falling but at least with the wedding I wouldn't have the stress of deciding whether or not I should cancel it!  

So, on top of worrying about moving my stuff into our new place and making sure all the loose ends are tied up, I am now dealing with changing the rehearsal with the church, moving the date with the restaurant and notifying all of our guests. 

Okay, just needed to vent.  I promised myself and my fiance that I would not stress myself out too much this week.  Instead, I plan on fitting in a few pre-marital blogs before I walk down the aisle!

1 comment:

HiLLjO said...

YAY! I don't know if you saw your comments but yesterday I asked for some last minute posts for updates!
I hope the snow falls slowly and is done by Thursday morning so they can get it all cleaned up. :o)